Monday, February 9, 2009

What's with the poems?

Well my grandfather got sick with lung cancer and I took it upon myself to take care of him. I watched him die on what would have been my fathers 59th birthday. Came home, couldn't pick up the knitting needles, I could not knit through it. Found out after Thanksgiving my cat(son) had hyperthyroidism. Still unable to knit. Found a lump on my other cat(daughter), freaked out took both to vet for various reasons after Christmas. Found out he had cancer, carcinoma to be exact, and didn't have long. Couldn't knit. Son has since died, daughter had her lumps removed and she is fine, our son sent us a new angel that has everyone personalities and is helping us get through these though times. I am sad to say I knit only what I had to, I mad my nephew a snowman hat for Christmas, my mom's boyfriend potholders and oven mitts and I just now finished another hat for my nephew. It has been easier for me to get through all my loss to just write. I write letters to my dad and grandfather to help ease the pain ( a friend who lost her father at a younger age than me suggested it and it does work). I also put my feeling to paper in the way of poems. If anyone doesn't like me posting my poems here and would rather me make a new blog just for my poems, please let me know. Also if anyone knows how I can get out of my knitting funk, please let me know.

No comments: