Monday, June 30, 2008

Dye Day

I was so excited about Saturday that I didn't sleep at all Friday night. After being up for more than 24 hrs, my mom and I jump in the car and head up to Maple Glen Pa to another Ravelr's home where we would be meeting a dyer on Ravelry.com who would be teaching us to dye yarn. We were the first to arrive, of course after Jas, who would be teaching us to dye. We waited paitiently for everyone else to arrive, and then for the yarn to be handed out, and instruction given.

We finally were handed out the yarn, given the beautiful dyes and the instructions - have fun. I started squirting colors and splashing water where I wanted to lighten, and squishing the yarn to get it to soak up all the dyes. When I was finally happy with the colors, I rang out most of the excess water, and wrapped the yarn up in plastic wrap and put it in the sun until it was pput in to be cooked. While my first skein was cooking I started on the second and then, helped mix colors for another woman who was dying.

I snacked and knitted a little until my first skein came out of the water. It came out beautiful! We had to swish it in clean water and then swing out the excess water. When the second skein was done I did the same thing.

I absolutely love both of my skeins and my mother loves her three skeins. I will be posting pictures.

No comments: