Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Socks...

I love knitting socks, but 1's, 2's and 3's just take too long to get to your finishd project. By the time you finally get to your heel you are sick of your sock and just put it aside. That's why when there was a toe-up class at my LYS I took it. The class used size 4 circs and worsted weight yarn, and they finished quickly.

I made a pair for myself, my mom, and my fiancé. My fiancé has already put a hole in the top of his foot with his sharp toenails he refused to cut. He has asked me for another pair for Christmas and plan on knitting them with reinforncement thread to help keep him from putting holes in them, and he has to keep his nails clipped, or he gets no more hand-knitted socks.

I am always looking for new toe-up sock patterns, especially with fancy ankles. I found someone who wrote a pamphlet on Designing Your Own Toe-Up Socks which you can get off the Stitch Stud blog. Wendy Knits also has an entire book on toe-up socks coming out in April 2009. I will not give up my search and will let you all know what I find.

No comments: