Sunday, June 8, 2008

Peace of mind...

Peace of mind is always a good thing to have when you have children, or pets (that think they are your children and you feel the same way). I can say that before I switched over to green products I would never have NOT called poison control when one of my animals accidently got into a cleaning product. Twice now since I switched over to green chemical-free products my children got into my new products and I can honestly say I didn't call poison control, I called the company that made the products, but only the first time. I knew if I called poison control I would have to read the back of the label to them, and they probably still wouldn't be able to tell me if it was safe.

So when my cats knocked over my spot remover I didn't call poison control, I called the company. I told them I wasn't sure if my cats had licked any up, but I wanted to make sure it was safe if they had. They told me that they would be fine, to just give them more water just incase.

My fiance spilled some raspberry syrup, and after wiping it up he used a all-purpose cleaner to make sure the floor wouldn't get sticky. A few hours later I caught my dog licking the spot, but I wasn't worried, I just put down extra water, just incase.

I only called poison control when I dropped a Colace on the floor and my dog ate it. They said he would be fine, just have looser stools and to give him something to eat and drink.

I love the fact that I know that the products I use in my home are safe to use around my pets(children), my nephew, and my future children. I also love that I can actually clean (if I want to), especially my shower without coughing and choking or an asthma-like attack (I don't have asthma I just stop breathing like an asthmatic when I am exposed to regular harsh cleaners). I even bought my nephew safe training toothpaste and I try to convince his mom to switch to the childrens shampoo and body wash from the company I buy from because I know they don't put anything harmful in their products and normal baby and childrens shampoo and body wash contains formaldihide(GROSS!).

I am so glad I switched. If you want to switch too, go to my website, or e-mail me your name and phone number with the subject line "peace of mind".
bobasheebaby@yahoo.com
http://elissa.freedomunitedteam.com

No comments: