Saturday, May 31, 2008

Knitting for baby

There is something oddly calming and happy about knitting something for a baby, even if there isn't one coming yet. Maybe that is why I am completely obsessed with knitting for babies at the moment, whether it is for my nephew or to put away for future babies. I just can't seem to get enough of the baby patterns. I love making anything for baby, booties, hats, sweaters, bibs, blankets, and stuffed animals felted or not. If it's for baby I probably love it. Right now I have an obsession with making baby jumpers.







The great thing about knitting for baby is you know there will always be a baby or child to fit the item. That is great forme since i hate to gauge and swatch, a bad habit I am going to have to break if I ever want to make myself a sweater.





Knitting for a dog or cat seems to be just about as calming as knitting for a baby.

No comments: