Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sleeveless top

I love my nephew dealry, but this is probably the last sweater I will make him, atleast in the right size. He is 10 months old and growing like and weed. He keeps growing taller and is already wearing 24 months. I will probably only ever make him stuffed animals, hats, scarves, mittens, and maybe a Wonderful Wallaby-but everything to grow into, of course.

Right now I am making him a sleeveless top or tank top for his birthday in July, in the biggest size. I just hope he doesnt outgrow it before I give it to him, or even worse, before I finish it. It is a great pattern and fun to knit. I already finished the back and am about half done the front. Only the button bands, pocket, and sewing it together to go.

I learned a great trick that I am going to do, to ensure he doesn't pull off the buttons, I am going to knit them in as if they are beads- only works on shank buttons of course. Just have to pick out the perfect buttons. It's between white elephants, or light blue, black or yellow smiley faces.

I just realized that he will outgrow it in one week, so I put this sweater on-hold.

No comments: